December 2, 2011

DC Comics: The New 52 - November Run Down


AQUAMAN #3 - Geoff Johns continues to prove that Aquaman is actually pretty cool. I love how Johns incorporates all of our preconceptions and prejudices of Aquaman and Mera and clearly defines what they're really capable of. Solid story, and great art by Ivan Reis. Waiting for #4!

BATMAN #3 - Though this issue honestly felt like filler, it is by no means a bad comic book. Another good issue by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo, even though not much really happens. One can assume it's going to be crazy good next month. I especially liked seeing Batman using a glider through Gotham City.

GREEN LANTERN #3 - Sinestro and Hal Jordan are obvious archenemies, but have surprisingly great chemistry together. Another fun issue, and Sinestro steals the spotlight here. It ends with a pretty crazy cliffhanger. Another series that I'm looking forward reading next month.




BATMAN & ROBIN #3 - Damian Wayne is at his worse (best) in this issue, and I love it! It's a little satisfying seeing Bruce and Damian struggle to work together, and this book has been fun since the first issue. Peter J. Tomasi has taken the book's title almost literally, and its very appropriate, as there is a true sense of Batman and Robin trying their best to work together.

ACTION COMICS #3 - The adventures of young Superman continues! A loaded issue full of more back story on Superman's origin and Krypton, as well as more about the New 52's Clark Kent. The relationship between Clark, Jimmy, and Lois also moves forward. Interesting stuff, and I'm loving Grant Morrison's fresh take on Superman.

BATGIRL #3 - Honestly, this book is going nowhere fast. It's amazingly frustrating to read, only because it's so uninteresting. THREE issues in and we still don't know how Barbara was healed!And I don't really feel for her the same way I did Stephanie Brown or Cassandra Cain. I thought Nightwing might save this issue, and though his cameo was a nice treat, I don't think I'm going to continue picking this book up.



BATWOMAN #3 - AMAZING ARTWORK. The art alone is seriously worth the cover price.

SWAMP THING #3 - Abigail Holland makes her long awaited appearance! Another strong issue by Scott Snyder and Yanick Paquette. I'm entirely new to the world of Swamp Thing, but can honestly say this book has gotten better and better with each issue. Somehow I feel that this book needs to be read alongside Animal Man. Both books almost feel like they are going to collide somehow in the future. (Red vs. Green?)

TEEN TITANS #3 - Still think this book needs to be renamed to Young Justice. I was a fan of Teen Titans pre-reboot but this book has lacked something since then. It's nice seeing the Titans finally come together but its not enough to want me to keep reading. I'm purely reading this book because I'm a fan of Tim Drake/Red Robin. Unfortunately, his talents (as well as the rest of the Teen Titans) are being wasted here. Give Tim Drake a regular monthly again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment