October 7, 2011

DC Comics Survey


I've been frequently using my iPad to read digital comics so I was surprised when DC Comics sent out a survey via email recently, mainly because I was user of their comics app. Actually maybe I shouldn't be surprised because it's a marketing ploy to gauge the new digital reading market that has sprung up as a result of the influx of tablet PCs. The apps really didn't take off until the advent of the iPad. I kept reminding myself how fun reading these digital comics would be on a bigger screen than my iPhone's minute display.

Footlocker.com

I can't reveal the details of the survey but my only gripe is releasing a desktop/laptop app so we can read our digital comics anywhere! For instance as of now, there is no DC Comics app in the Mac App Store. What gives? Perhaps a cloud strategy is in the works like the Comixology website?

No comments:

Post a Comment